Whether you’re running a small or multi-million dollar business, growth is one of the most crucial business goals.
However, due to the evolving market dynamics, and highly intense competition, many businesses find it challenging to attract the relevant target audience.
Wondering how your business can achieve its expansion goals successfully? The simple answer is by implementing an effective marketing strategy. This is because of your marketing efforts:
- Communicate directly with your target audience.
- Help build your brand image.
- Give your promotions a sense of direction.
- Help establish a powerful and effective value proposition.
- Facilitate in gaining new customers and retaining existing ones.
- Help keep you and your audience on the same page.
This means that your marketing strategy serves as the foundation of your business in the digital era of today. However, many companies find it challenging to achieve their marketing ROI because either they fail to understand customer behavior or they lack fundamental marketing knowledge.
Do you face similar marketing challenges and wondering how to go about it? Don’t worry, we have your back! We have curated a list of 6 simple yet proven tips that can help you master the art of marketing in the present age.
Tip #1 Understand What Is Your Audience Looking For
It is no secret that your marketing efforts can only be successful if you’d keep them audience-centric. This means that the first step is to determine and understand the needs, preferences, and buying habits of your target audience.
Apart from this, understanding what your audience is looking for gives you a chance to know their pain points so that you can solve them accordingly. This does not just result in delightful customer service but helps achieve customer trust that can benefit your company in the long run.
Unsure how to understand your audience well? Below are some tips for your help:
- Conduct a thorough market study involving the geographic, demographic, psychographic, and behavioral characteristics of the intended audience.
- Think about your customer’s persona because it explains how your ideal customer will look like.
- You should interact with your clients directly so that you can get to know them personally.
- One of the best practices is to monitor the audience’s comments and feedback on social media to know the real picture.
- You can also carry out customer surveys frequently to know about the changing tastes of your audience.
Tip #2 Leverage Lead Magnets through Facebook Ads
If you are a wise marketer, you’d know that the advancements in Facebook’s advertising have done marketing and attracting qualified leads for business very easily. This is because Facebook uses its data analytics for predicting the buying patterns of its users, thereby showing them ads based on their interests.
So, if you want to reach out to your audience effectively, you should definitely post lead magnets on Facebook. And do you know what the good news is? Facebook provides meaningful insights on your social media posts or ads, thus helping you target your prospects effectively.
All said and done, if you want to ensure the best results for your Facebook marketing campaigns, you should add sensible and relevant lead magnets in your Facebook ads for attracting your intended audience. Not sure which content types can turn out to be amazing lead magnets? Here is a list of some of the commonly used ones:
- Webinar Videos
- Industry Reports
- FAQ Sheets
- Video Courses, etc.
Interested in knowing more about excelling at Facebook marketing campaigns? Here are some of social media marketing dos and don’ts that you should definitely check out.
Tip #3 Create and Share Valuable Content
A study conducted by the State of Inbound Report identified that content creation is one of the top priorities for around 53 percent of marketers. Another similar survey by the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) revealed that around 58 percent of marketers allotted higher budgets to content creation and marketing in the year 2018.
These studies prove that creating and sharing valuable content can help your business build trustworthy and lasting relationships with your target audience. Besides this, content serves as a valuable asset for your business that helps establish a strong brand image.
Although content marketing results in several benefits, yet many companies find it challenging to implement a successful content marketing strategy. A study conducted by Zazzle Media displays some of the primary content marketing challenges that businesses face.
Are you, too, finding it challenging to achieve the ROI of your content marketing campaigns? Below are a few expert tips and tricks for your help:
- Provided content according to the stage of your audience’s buying journey.
- Always make sure that your website, email, and social media content is credible, relevant, and up-to-date.
- For ensuring brand consistency, always remember that your brand voice should remain consistent across all your marketing channels, like email, newsletter, paid ads, social media, etc.
- Always try and post different types of content, for example, webinars, infographics, guides, and customer testimonial videos.
- Data and analytics should guide your content marketing plan for proven results.
All in all, by following the above-mentioned tips, you can easily generate leads through content marketing.
Tip #4 Unlock the Power of Visual Marketing
It is a known fact that visuals can help grab your audience’s attention, deliver your brand messages effectively. Apart from this, visuals, such as images, gifs, and videos, exhibit your brand story, thereby establishing an impactful brand identity.
A survey carried out by Typeform revealed that 51 to 80 percent of companies will rely on visuals as part of their marketing strategy in 2020 and 2021.
Not sure how to use the right set of visuals for engaging your audience? Here are a few expert tactics that might help you ace your visual marketing goals:
- Use the correct image dimensions.
- Experiment with multiple visual formats, including videos and gifs.
- Always use colors that go with your brand persona.
- As experts say, practice makes perfect, so the key is to experiment and find out what works for your audience.
Tip #5 Build Relationships via Email Marketing
According to a survey conducted by the Radicati Group, more than 34 percent of people leverage emails worldwide, that’s about 2.5 billion people. Likewise, a study by HubSpot Marketing exhibited that email automation is one of the top tactics used by email marketers for improving performance.
This means that, even with modern communication channels available, email still remains one of the most effective yet simple ways of communicating with the target audience. This is because it facilitates in reaching a large number of prospects at one time.
Apart from this, personalized emails are a perfect and proven way of building lasting relationships with existing and new customers. However, it is crucial to note that no guesswork works with emails.
So, to figure out whether your email marketing campaigns are working or not, you should use a good email marketing software that helps you track who opened the emails, which links were clicked, and how many people subscribed or unsubscribed.
Tip #6 Hire a Marketing Expert
It is true that effective marketing tactics can help your business generate leads. However, marketing best practices keep on evolving with the changing trends. Therefore, to avoid the hassle, you should consider hiring a marketing expert that can help you achieve promising results and a skyrocketing marketing ROI.
The Final Words
In a nutshell, growing a business is not a piece of cake and requires a lot of patience and hard work. So, if you’re looking to achieve significant business growth in today’s highly competitive market place, you should try out the above-mentioned marketing strategies and figure out what works best for your audience that you’re trying to reach out to.