One of the secret recipes to maintain the quality of kitchen appliances is to keep them clean. Be it a mixer grinder or refrigerator, cleaning it on a regular basis can contribute to the overall hygiene of your kitchen. So, when are you planning to begin your cleaning mission? And, what are the things you need for cleaning your kitchen appliances like blenders or toasters? Let’s take a look!
- Using microfibre cloths is always preferable
- Multi-functional cleaning solutions like water mixed with white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Sprinkle some water on cleaning cloth or wipe
- Put on hand gloves before cleaning any kitchen appliances
After ensuring the above factors, you are ready for the actual cleaning process. Commonly, cleaning of kitchen appliances involves the following steps:
- Spray the cloth with some good cleaning agent and wipe it down the surface of the kitchen appliance
- Use a toothbrush to clean small openings or hard-to-reach areas
- Always read the cleaning instructions mentioned in the information provided by the manufacturers
- Remove the detachable parts of the appliance and make sure any food plump or crumbs are not stuck in them.
- Do not let the heating element of any appliance get wet
Also Read: 10 Tips for Modern Kitchen Remodeling
Step-by-Step Guide for Cleaning Kitchen Appliances
In this blog, we will be sharing an easy-to-understand guide for cleaning kitchen appliances. Let’s get started! Before starting the article you can also check the best kitchen appliances so that you can select and get the best appliances for your home.
The global kitchen appliances market size was USD 159.29 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 210.80 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
Cleaning a Refrigerator
A refrigerator is undoubtedly an important appliance for any kitchen. And we use it every day, whether you need cold drinking water or ice for your soft drinks. It is quite hard to service without having a high-grade refrigerator in the kitchen. It is important for you to clean it regularly (once in a week or twice a month). Here are some tips for how to clean a refrigerator:
- Take out the shelves or drawers for deep cleaning them with a clean cloth.
- The freezer compartment should be cleaned out properly at least once a month.
- Hygienic your refrigerator on a systematic basis. Good time to clean it is before you are ready with a new weekly grocery batch.
- Throw away the expired items and old vegetables to keep your refrigerator odor-free.
- To get rid of any bad odor, keep a bowl of baking soda on one shelf.
- Call a technician if any part of your refrigerator is not functioning properly.
- When it comes to the freezer, use water mixed with white vinegar or washing liquid.
- Use a clean paper towel to dry the freezer.
Cleaning a Microwave
Microwave is one of those kitchen appliances which normally remains unnoticed for a regular clean-up. In fact, it is quite easy to clean. You need things, like microfibre cloth, a bowl of clean water mixed with white vinegar, and a lemon sliced in two pieces, to clean a microwave. Following are the tips for cleaning a microwave:
- The first step that you should follow is to remove its plate or other detachable parts to wash them appropriately.
- Follow cleaning instructions that are given by the manufacturer.
- Heat for about five minutes.
- By following the using tip, you can deep clean your microwave as vinegary steam will loosen any dust or dirt particle present inside the microwave.
- Microwave the sliced lemon to remove any bad smell from inside the microwave.
- Scrub the wheels by using an old toothbrush
- Clean the exterior part with a clean cloth sprayed with the liquid you have prepared or any good cleaner.
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
The toaster is also one of the commonly used kitchen appliances in homes. From morning breakfasts to evening snacks, the toaster oven is the all-time favorite appliance for many cooks. It can be a tricky task to clean this appliance. Here are a few valuable tips for your guidance.
- Do not overlook to unplug the appliance.
- Clean the racks of a toaster oven with warm and soapy water.
- Use brush or scrubbing wipe to any clogged food inside the toaster oven.
- Wipe down the interior with a wet wipe and cleaning solution.
- Clean the knobs by using soapy water and let them dry.
- Clean the exterior part with a clean cloth.
Cleaning a Dishwasher
A dishwasher is an essential appliance used for cleaning dishware automatically. It keeps time and energy. You can use multiple functions to clean your dishware. Cleaning it can be a daunting task. Follow these tips while cleaning a dishwasher.
- Clean the racks of a dishwasher by using a cloth soaked in warm water.
- Add some vinegar to the detergent powder and run the dishwasher empty.
- Clean the plastic door and clean it with a clean cloth or wipe. If you have a stainless steel dishwasher door, then wring the wet cloth and wipe the door with the grain.
- Dry the door with a dry cloth.
Cleaning a Coffeemaker
The coffeemaker is undoubtedly a frequently used kitchen appliance, whether it is about households or restaurants. From complicated espresso machines to basic-level coffeemakers, you have to be very careful when it comes to the cleaning part.
- You can soak filters and carafe of the coffeemaker in warm or soapy water. And then rinse and replace them.
- Blend the water and white vinegar. Add it into the water chamber and turn on the brew button. Stop it halfway through the cleaning cycle and let the mixing solution sit inside the water chamber for one hour. Turn it on and let it complete the cleaning cycle.
- After following the above step, run at least two cycles by using plain water through the coffeemaker.
- Clean the outer body.
- Let it dry.
Cleaning Small Appliances
Small appliances sound simple but they are tricky to clean. You need to pay serious attention when it comes to cleaning them. They have very small and hard-to-reach parts that are difficult to clean properly. Here are a few tips that can make your task a little easy.
- Be gentle while cleaning the blade of small kitchen appliances like a blender, mixer grinder, and food processor.
- Clean the blender carafe with warm and soapy water.
- Use a Nylon brush to remove clogged particles from the blades.
- Let the stainless steel parts dry to present the chances of corrosion.
- Just wipe down the bottom of these appliances for the safety of machinery.
Also Read: What Makes German Kitchens Special
Cleaning kitchen appliances can be a time-consuming task. So, when you are ready to clean your appliances, make sure you follow these tips to save your time and effort. You can do it during the weekends. Having a happy cleaning! Happy Shopping with K2Appliances.