Hello Readers 😊
Hope you are doing well and keeping safe.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has impacted the world and placed people under great stress and it’s affecting everything. Sanitizers and surgical face masks have become top-notch essential items during the pandemic. Wearing a face mask when moving out has now become compulsory and need of the hour.
The stressful scenario and current atmosphere call for greater attention to health and hygiene consciousness. People across the world are leaving no stone unturned and taking every possible safety and preventive measure to fight against the novel coronavirus.
The purpose of the face mask is to protect oneself from germs. Friends, with the help of this post we will walk you through the steps on how to make a surgical mask. Also, this is a great way to recycle old cloth or T-shirt.
It’s fun and great to make your own face mask. So, we have this useful guide on how to make a surgical mask.
So, let’s delve into this useful information.
This post will tell you how to make a mask with elastic ties or ear loops. Let’s get going-
Why wearing a mask is important?
Folks, we certainly need not mention how much the world is affected by the outbreak of the novel COVID-19. Wearing a mask is a practical way to express that you care for yourself and your neighbour or community. Masks have become everyday essentials and must-have accessories during the pandemic.
Homemade masks are ideally used as a face shield that covers the entire front. On a serious note, homemade masks are not as effective as PPE. It is just a substitute for social distancing. Yes, friends, homemade masks aren’t that useful but, because of the given lack of availability or scarcity of safety masks amid the pandemic we have no other option or resort. The best fabric used to prepare a face mask is hygienically washed cotton. The most effective mask is two-layered.
Wearing a mask can prevent you from viruses and germs. Surgical masks, medical masks, and critical supplies are specifically reserved for healthcare workers.
Things You Will Need
- Cotton Fabric
- Interchangeable filter layer-antibacterial fibre flee
- Basic sewing kit
- Sewing thread
- Sewing machine
Steps To Make the Mask
- Step 1. Gather all essential supplies. Before you commence preparing a homemade mask, gather everything you will need.
- Step 2. Pick the right fabric, a tightly woven fabric would work best. The best fabric to make homemade masks are sterile fabric as it blocks 99% germs and particulates. Opt for a fabric that doesn’t warp or shrink with time.
- Step 3. Make sure your surface and hands are tidy when making masks. You must disinfect everything around especially the sewing machine with wipes or bleach sprays.
- Step 4. Print and cut out the face mask pattern. For a better-quality experience, opt for a pattern that features a sturdy nose ridge that fits well to the wearer’s face. Before cutting it out, double-check the measurements. The most important thing is that your face mask fits snugly over your mouth area and nose.
Make sure your stitches are tight and close together.
Keplin is your go-to store where you can purchase the best face masks online.
I hope it has been a useful read. Thanks for reading. Until we come up with another post have a great time.